Preparing Your Music For Mastering & Mixing:
How to prepare your music files for Mastering & Mixing
For the best results please follow these few steps before you submit your tracks
- Ensure that the mix down is not clipping, and avoid using normalization, compressor, EQ, or limiter on the master bus (master fader).
- Leave about 3 to 6 db of headroom in your mixes for mastering.
- Wherever possible, make your mix quieter, not louder.
- Listen to your mix in mono, and see if you can hear all the instruments at the mixdown.
- Bounce at the same sample rate that you used for the recording session.
For example, if your session is at 44.1 then bounce the track at 44.1.
- Set the dithering to “None”.
- If possible submit a stereo track 44.1 or 48.0 kHz – 24 bit WAV files.
- Include the following information with your submission:
Artist Name, Track Title(s)